Image by Mads Schmidt Rasmussen
Virgin Mary statue_edited.jpg

Lady of Mount Carmel

(Our Patron)

Welcome to CMC Chavara Province 

CMC PROVINCE -At A Glance: The report of the visit of Cardinal Tisserant to Kerala in 1951 resulted in issuing the Decree"Multhorum Fidilium" by which His Holiness Pope Pius 12th in 1955, declared the extension of the Arch Diocese of Changanacherry up to the Southern most tip of India. In 1956, Kanyakumari of Travancore becomes a part of Tamilnadu and it was due to the linguistic difference. This was an under developed area where linguistic fusion and mixed culture prevailed. The low status of the people in education and culture was not a hindrance to be attentive to the missionaries who rendered selfless service. It became a sacred duty of the missionaries to bit the light of the Gospel and help the people to have an integrated development. In 1960, Rev.Fr.Thomas Nangachiveettil and Rev.Fr.Zacharias Kaithara were the coordinators of the mission activities of the Southern Mission. In 1969, CMC sisters started their service, residing in a rented building at Kaliyal.

Minimalist Church

At a Glance

7

H S School

3

Orphanages

1

Houses in Kerala

12

No. of Convents

Image by Alessandro Bellone

Upcoming Events

No Upcoming Events

3 Jan 2022

mary matha 4.jpg

No Upcoming Events

Our Feasts

October

Sr. Alphonse CMC

01-Oct

Sr. Deepa CMC

01-Oct

Sr. Jessy CMC

01-Oct

Sr. Lillit CMC

01-Oct

Praying Hands

BRINGING FAITH TO YOUR LIFE FOR OVER 155 YEARS

Chavara Province CMC is a caring, Christian family committed to sharing the love of Christ.

IMG_20211020_112303.jpg
Image by Vaishakh pillai

Gallery